Drop-ins and appointments
We offer a variety of drop-in and appointment services to help meet your career needs, from providing advice and guidance on writing your CV or application form to searching for jobs and coaching on more complex career issues.
Careers drop-in – quick queries
This service is available every day at Frenchay Campus in the E-Zone (Employability and Enterprise zone), room 2D11 and throughout the week (term time) in various locations around Frenchay campus.
- What we offer through UWE Bristol Careers.
- Careers events and online careers resources.
- Getting work experience (including placements).
- CV resources and feedback.
- Covering letter resources and feedback.
- Job application resources and initial feedback.
- Interview preparation resources.
- Enterprise and self-employment.
We will help you identify the most useful resources or other appropriate support from our service to meet your needs.
No need to book
To attend a drop-in, just turn up. You can search by the topic you need most help with via InfoHub appointments. Alternatively, you can:
- Phone us on +44 (0)117 32 85678, or
- Visit your nearest Information Point.
Finding work and volunteering vacancies (drop-in) – Vacancy Plus
'Vacancy Plus' is our quick query drop-in service where you can get help with finding vacancies for:
- work experience
- global/international opportunities
This drop-in service is available at Frenchay Campus in the E-Zone (2D11).
At times we provide specific slots about various topics including the UWE Bristol Futures Award, volunteering and international opportunities. Please check the appointment calendar on infohub for more details.
Monday to Friday 09:00 – 13:00 and 14:00 – 17:00 (16:30 on Friday)
Monday to Friday 9:00 – 13:00 and 14:00 – 16:30 (16:00 on Friday)
You can also get support for finding vacancies at other
campuses, including Bower Ashton Campus and Hartpury, by
booking a Careers Information and Application Help
Please note that occasionally it may be necessary to close this service due to unforeseen circumstances. Please refer to the daily drop-in sessions for help during these times.
These specialist appointments provide coaching to help you take control of your future aspirations.
Before booking one of these appointments, you should either look at the online resources in Career Toolkit, come along to our daily Career Essentials workshops in E-Zone or attend one of our daily drop-ins.
These 30-minute appointments can provide help with:
- more complex career issues
- career choice
- exploring options
- postgraduate applications
- in-depth and specialist application form/CV help and preparation for interviews
- mock interviews
- course change – exploring potential impact on future career plans.
Before attending these appointments, please find out what to expect from a Careers Coaching appointment. Careers Coaching appointments are available at Frenchay Campus all year round and other campuses during term time.
Enterprise and self-employment
Book one of our Careers Information and Application Help appointments (see above) to get starter information on enterprise and self-employment. You may then be referred for a specialist appointment for further information on:
- project/business ideas and exploring it to find out if it is a viable business
- looking for early start-up support
- running a business and want help with the next steps
- where to go to get investment/protection
- writing a business plan
- self-employed placements.
View further information about enterprise opportunities at UWE Bristol.