UWE Bristol Careers: feedback and complaints
UWE Bristol Careers operates within the vision and mission of the University and the information, advice and guidance Principles set out by the National IAG Board which state that Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) services should promote the value of learning, be accessible to people and provide them with the help they need to enter and progress in learning and work.
We regularly seek feedback from our service users. Careers feedback is usually collected through electronic surveys emailed to service users. You can also contact us direct to give us feedback or use the feedback process. Feedback is very important to us to help us continually improve the quality of the services we provide. Feedback received in 2009/10 has resulted in:
- Changes to timing of careers appointments at Frenchay to reduce the chances of your appointment being delayed due to the previous one over running.
- Increased number of careers appointments available during vacations.
- Running more drop-in services in E-Zone at Frenchay – for general enquiries, quick CV checks, help with finding job vacancies and volunteering opportunities.
- Providing clearer information on our web pages about what to expect from an appointment with a Careers Consultant.
- Offering more careers appointments at Bower Ashton Campus.
We operate a Complaints
Procedure. This procedure is detailed in the Student Handbook
issued to all students on arrival at the University. In the first
instance, complaints can be made in writing (hard copy or email)
Head of Careers, University of the West of England (UWE Bristol)