Job hunting and networking
Networking is a powerful tool and a valuable alternative route into the job market. In some sectors, such as the creative sector, it is normal practice to network to find opportunities. It is not about asking for a job, but building up relationships and letting people know what you can do so they can help you market yourself and identify relevant opportunities.
Creative job hunting
Log in to InfoHub and view the Careers Toolkit and Resources tab to see useful resources to help you build your networking and job hunting skills including:
- Building a network.
- Tips and techniques for networking.
- Finding network events.
- Accessing the hidden graduate job market.
- Networking sites.
- Finding companies.
Using social media
- Using LinkedIn.
- Job hunting on Twitter.
- Social networking and graduate recruitment.
- Building your personal brand.
- Rules of social recruiting.