Group of students talking in the living room

What to bring

Wondering about what to bring? Along with your personal belongings, the list below highlights some things you may consider bringing.

Documentation – bank account details, cash card, a form of ID such as passport, driving licence and National Insurance Number if you want to look for a part-time job

Basic food provisions – to last until you do your first shop (international students: please read advice on the Defra website about bringing food into the UK)

  • Bedding – sheets, pillows, pillowcases, duvet and duvet cover
  • Towels
  • Toilet rolls
  • Coat hangers
  • Crockery – a couple of plates, bowls, mugs and glasses
  • Cutlery and cooking utensils including tin opener and corkscrew
  • Pots and pans
  • Tea towels
  • Toiletries (international students: please read advice on the Home Office about restricted items)
  • Cleaning products and washing powder
  • Iron and toaster (these appliances must conform to British standards and hold a portable appliance test certificate if its new).

In most cases a lot of these items can be bought after arrival and you may wish to purchase some items collectively with your flatmates such as toaster and cleaning products. For a list of things already included in your accommodation, please refer to the Accommodation options information, where you will find the relevant guide for your allotted accommodation.

Starter packs

Accommodation starter packs for students, including bedding and kitchen packs, can be bought from Student Room Packs. Items can be delivered to your room ready for your arrival.

Accommodation documents

Helpful information like our Residents' guide, which is a great introduction to your new accommodation. You can also view a guide to getting on with others and a cleaning rota. View accommodation documents.

Find out more about accommodation at UWE Bristol

Back to top