How to choose your modules
View guidance on when you next need to make module choices.
When to select your modules
There will be an opportunity for you to request to change your option modules at the start of the relevant study period.
The next opportunity will be from 12:00 on Wednesday 6 September 2017 to midnight on Sunday 8 October 2017.
Criteria for requesting a module change
- You cannot request to change a compulsory module.
- Some modules have restricted availability and places are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Once an option is full, you will not be able to select it and so you will have to make another choice.
- Requests to change a module will only be considered if it does not result in a clash with other modules on your timetable.
- Any approved changes will show on your timetable within five workings days of your request.
- If your request to change is approved and you subsequently change your mind, please note that your original module selection may now be full and therefore will no longer available.
- There are no optional modules at Level 1 for first year students.
How to request a module change
You can request to change your module using the Online Module Choices system, which is a live database. If you are unsure how to use this system, please read the Student guidelines before logging in. Please remember to click on the 'Submit and Save Choices' button before logging out.
You must continue to follow your original timetable until your module change request has been approved – if we have been able to accommodate your request it will appear on your timetable.
Please note: It is your responsibility to check your timetable.
If we cannot accommodate your module change request we will contact you through your UWE Bristol email account.
How to change your timetable
If you are eligible, you can request to change your timetable. Eligible students can amend their timetables from 12:00 on Wednesday 6 September to midnight on Sunday 8 October 2017.
You can get additional guidance from our frequently asked questions.
Contact a Student Support Adviser
If you have any questions and would like to speak to a Student Support Adviser, please book an appointment via an Information Point.