Student and her father packing things into a car outside of university accommodation

Changing to another university

If you wish to transfer to study at another university or HE institution, you should discuss this with staff in your faculty.

How to change

If you are an undergraduate, you will need to make a formal application through UCAS, but before doing so you should contact the HE institution(s) to which you hope to gain admission to find out about vacancies and transfer possibilities. Check courses online to see if UWE Bristol offers the alternative programme you are looking for before you decide to leave.

International students

If you are an international student, making any change to your course may have implications for your immigration status and the completion of your studies. Please contact the Advice and Enquiry Service for advice.

Transferring your financial support

You may be able to transfer any financial support you receive at the University to another institution but there are restrictions. A transfer to a new programme of study may have financial implications if it results in you studying for more years than the length of your original programme.

You must, therefore, contact your funding body and the institution to which you are transferring as soon as possible and ask for confirmation in writing of your future entitlement to student support.

Students will need to make arrangements to pay any outstanding fees before they leave.

Resources to support you

Back to top