Replacement award certificates
If your original award certificates have been lost or damaged, you are able to apply for a replacement.
How to apply
- Download the Replacement award certificate application form and read the guidance notes.
- Make your payment on the UWE Bristol online store using your credit/debit card. Make a note of the payment reference from the email receipt.
- Complete the Replacement award certificate application form, including the payment reference. If your award certificate has been damaged, this should be returned with the application form.
- Please ensure you provide the address to which you would like the certificate posted. Award certificates are posted by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery (UK mainland) or International Recorded Delivery (outside the UK).
- Return the form to the Student Information Request Team.
Cost and payment
The fee for a replacement award certificate is £50. Payment can only be made via the UWE Bristol online store using your credit/debit card.
Please ensure that the payment reference number is added to your application form on completion of your purchase.
Please note: We can accept payment by cheque, although this can delay the process by a further ten working days to allow for the cheque to clear. Please send your cheque to the Student Information Request Team.
How long will it take?
Applications for replacement award certificates will be dealt with in the order in which they are received, and we expect to be able to respond to your request within ten working days of receipt of both your application and payment.
At certain periods of peak activity throughout the year (in particular February to March and July to November) you may experience some delay. See the Certificates page for more information.
- A replacement award certificate can only be issued if the original is lost or damaged.
- It is not possible to apply for a duplicate award certificate. (Please see the Certificate and Transcript Policy for further details).
- No certificates can be issued to a student with a debt or any
other outstanding obligation to the University.