Other types of certificates
Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR)
The Higher Education Achievement Report can be used to:
- confirm achievement of an award (award verification)
- confirm marks and grades (transcript)
- confirm other University activities and achievements.
- Refer to the myUWE guidance in case of queries – eg if your HEAR is not accurate.
- The HEAR must be downloaded within 42 days of confirmation of your award. It is not possible for UWE Bristol to produce a copy of the HEAR once this deadline has passed.
- The HEAR can be used in lieu of an award certificate or certificate of credit while you are waiting for your award certificates to arrive.
It is vital that the HEAR is downloaded while it is available. After 42 days it is not possible for the HEAR to be reproduced in any form.
Notification of Assessment Marks and Grades (NOCAM)
This is a letter that confirms your award achieved and
"This is to confirm that [INSERT NAME] has been awarded a GRADUATE DIPLOMA with Merit in Building surveying on 19 February 2017 after study at the UWE Bristol."
Students should request a verification letter in the following circumstances:
- The HEAR is unavailable and the student is unable to wait for their certificate (see below). Please note: Turnaround times during peak periods (May to August) can be up to ten days, so by the time a letter is produced your certificates may have arrived.
- Confirmation of an award is urgently needed and the official certificates have not been received. Please contact an Information Point.
Council Tax certificate
Full time students are able to print a Council Tax certificate from myUWE. The myUWE Council Tax Certificate includes a unique hyperlink which councils can be used to verify that the certificate has been produced by myUWE.
- Read the Student Council Tax FAQs before contacting the University to ensure you are eligible for exemption.
- Council Tax end dates – please note that the end date for Eligibility for Council Tax exemption is the last day of assessment, eg for students graduating in June, the end date is the end of the May exam period. This is explained in detail in the Student Council Tax FAQs.
- Final year students with resits are not eligible for Council Tax exemption after the last day of assessment – see end dates above.
- Extenuating Circumstances do not affect Council Tax liability.
- If you have difficulty printing the myUWE certificate, it can be printed by Information Point staff for you.
- If there is a discrepancy in the information on the generated certificate, or the myUWE certificate is not available and you are eligible, please email an Information Point at firstname.lastname@example.org and a certificate will be produced for you.
Students on Continuing Professional Development courses, eg are only studying one module and do not receive an award certificate. However, you can request a copy of your certificate of credit following results publication.
Please contact an Information Point and a certificate of credit will be produced for you.