Certified true copies
Where you are in possession of the original certificate(s), you can request for it to be copied and the copies stamped and signed (certified). These will be returned to you along with the original documents.
How to apply
- Download the Certified true copies application form.
- Make your payment on the UWE Bristol online store using your credit/debit card. Make a note of the payment reference from the email receipt.
- Complete the Certified true copies application form, including the payment reference.
- Please ensure you provide the address or addresses (we are able to send to multiple addresses) to which you would like the certificate(s) posted. Certificates and copies are posted by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery (UK mainland) or International Recorded Delivery (outside the UK).
- Post your original documents with the completed form to the Student Information Request Team. You will only be able to apply for certified true copies if you include the originals.
Cost and payment
The fee is £15 for the first five copies, plus £3 for each
additional copy. We do not charge separately for the award
certificate and certificate of credit, so please send them in
together when requesting copies.
Please note: If you do not include the original documents, your application will be rejected.
Payment can only be made via the UWE Bristol
Online Store using your credit/debit card.
Please note: It is the student’s responsibility to ensure the appropriate form and accompanying documents are sent to the Student Information Request Team.
The payment reference number should be included on the application form.
Please note: We also accept payment by cheque although this can delay the process by a further ten working days to allow for the cheque to clear. Please send your cheque to the Student Information Request Team.
How long will it take?
Applications for certified true copies will be dealt with in the
order in which they are received and we expect to be able to
respond to your request within ten working days of receipt of
At certain periods of peak activity throughout the year (in particular February to March and July to November) you may experience some delay.