Extenuating circumstances eligibility
Completing your form
Before you start, please be aware that you will need to provide:
- your UWE Bristol student registration number
- your programme title
- the title/s and code/s of the affected modules
- details of the affected assessment (including dates)
- your evidence in an emailable format (the total file size should be below 2Mb).
Please complete the extenuating circumstances form.
On the form you should:
- Describe the difficulty you have had, including the dates of relevant events.
- Describe the impact on your studies.
- Make sure you have entered the correct module code, name and element of assessment eg CW1, EX1.
Please note that extenuating circumstances will not give you a short-term extension to a deadline.
Send us your evidence
All extenuating circumstances applications need to be accompanied by supporting evidence.
Once you’ve completed the extenuating circumstances application form, we will email your university email account to let you know we’ve received your application.
You must reply to this email and attach supporting evidence of the circumstances you're describing eg a medical certificate.
We know understanding Extenuating Circumstances can be hard. If you need any help completing the form or you have questions about your supporting evidence, please contact an Information Point.