Submitting an appeal
We have developed a two-stage academic appeal procedure to ensure a fair and comprehensive process. This page outlines each stage and the anticipated timescales involved.
Submitting a Stage One appeal
Stage One of the appeal procedure involves consideration of the appeal by a member of the Appeals and Complaints team. All individuals must complete Stage One before choosing to proceed to Stage Two.
Submitting a Stage Two appeal
Stage Two of the appeal procedure involves the consideration of the academic appeal by a University Appeal Panel and can only be undertaken once an outcome has been received at Stage One.
Before submitting your appeal:
- Refer to the Guidance for submitting an Academic Appeal document before submitting a Stage One appeal.
- Ensure that your results have been officially published and that you submit within the ten working days deadline.
- Be clear and concise when writing your statement – remember that the Complaints and Appeals Team will not know the background to your case so it is important to include all of the relevant details in a chronological order.
- Seek help from The Students' Union at UWE Bristol Advice Centre if you require support completing the appeal.
- Where possible, obtain documentary evidence to support your circumstances.
If you require information in a an alternative format, please contact the Academic Appeals Team as soon as possible via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44(0)117 32 83371.
Is it possible for someone to act on my behalf?
Yes, but it is preferable for you to handle your application for an appeal yourself. Find out about appointing someone to act on your behalf.
Academic appeal – frequently asked questions
View our appeal FAQs if you have questions about submitting an appeal.