Science Communication Masterclass
About the Masterclass
UWE's Science Communication (SCU) Masterclass is an intensive, short course created to provide professional development in science communication. The masterclass draws on the existing expertise of the team that delivers UWE's popular and practical MSc in Science Communication.
The UWE Science Communication Masterclass runs roughly every six to nine months. If you would like to be kept informed of future opportunities, please register your interest by sending a short email mentioning the Masterclass to email@example.com.
The next SCU Masterclass will take place in Autumn 2014 - exact dates to be confirmed. Find out more about fees and the registration process.
Topics for the Masterclasses
- The historical and social contexts of science communication
- Scientific literacy and public understanding
- Publics and engagement
- Face-to-face, media and online methods of engaging with the public
- Adapting to audiences
Interactive parallel sessions
- Show, tell or pitch
- Print media in the new media mix
- Interviewing and podcasting techniques
- Social media as a communication tool
- Strategic and creative thinking
- Facilitaton skills
If you have any additional queries regarding this and future courses, please send them to Jane Wooster, course administrator.