The Science Communication Unit run a seminar series throughout the year in addition to participating in other conferences and events.
Science Communication Seminar Series
- Science Communication: Connecting people and creating events
15/01/2018 - 25/03/2018
- Clicks, likes, views - How we use webvideos for science communication
- 300 miles for science communication
Previous speakers have included:
- Iain Stewart – Professor of Geoscience Communication at University of Plymouth and well-known science television presenter
- Doug Allan – award-winning wildlife photographer and cameraman
- Ben Southwell – Series Producer, BBC History of Science Fiction
- Simon Garrett and Natasha Filer – Bristol Zoo
- Brendan Walker – The Thrill Engineer
- Patrick Aryee – award-winning wildlife TV presenter
- Tom Heap – BBC Countryfile presenter
- Justine Alford – IFL Science News Editor
Science in Public: Research, Practice, Impact
9 and 10 July 2015
Now in their tenth year, the Science in Public conference and network brings together researchers and practitioners in science communication and public engagement from across the UK and around the world.
The conference was preceded by the International Network for Public Communication of Science and Technology Doctoral Summer School on 7 and 8 July, which will hosted international scholars in science communication.
Evolving Science Communication
In April 2014, SCU held the Evolving Science Communication Conference, which focused on 10 years of science communication postgraduate programmes at UWE Bristol.