About the Science Communication Unit
The Science Communication Unit at UWE Bristol is internationally renowned for training science communicators and engaging the public with science.
The Science Communication Unit is recognised for its leadership in defining, targeting and engaging audiences with science.This expertise is:
- creative and insightful
- built on a sound evidence base
- grounded in theory and practice
- developed in partnership with others
- used by others to build capacity in engaging audiences with science.
To achieve our mission statement, the Science Communication Unit:
- delivers creative innovative projects to engage specific audiences
- makes clear links from practice to theory and back again
- builds effective partnerships across the sector
- publishes research relevant to the field
- provides professional development to others through the MSc, Masterclass and bespoke consultancy.
Our audiences include:
- science communicators
- young adults
- teachers and their students
- community groups
- academic researches
Our key partners include:
- expert practitioners and academics
- Science Discovery Centres
- learned institutions
- Research Councils.