About the Graduate School
Dedicated support for postgraduate research.
Better Communication and Leadership
- A Graduate School office - a single point of contact for all PGR matters, providing advice and guidance all along the student journey
- A Graduate School Director – an academic leader to champion the cause of postgraduate researchers and their supervisors
- A Graduate School website – one site for all PGR information
- A Graduate School Committee – a forum for PGR policy and issues reporting directly to Academic Board
Skills Development for Students and Supervisors
- A Researcher Skills Development Programme comprising a range of workshops aiming to help research staff and students develop vital transferable skills.
- Researcher development courses are free for all registered postgraduates and research staff.
Consistent information and support
- Standard UWE Bristol procedures for postgraduate research, backed up by more efficient systems and simplified procedures for staff and students.
- A single Graduate School Office team to ensure everyone receives the same information and level of support regardless of which part of the University you belong to.
Integrated and experienced administrative support
- The Graduate School has a team of highly experienced administrative staff across the University, working to support research students and staff in each Faculty but as part of a single integrated team.
- Graduate School student support staff will be located in one office, sharing knowledge and good practice and working together, and with other professional services, to provide high quality support.
An identity and a community
- The Graduate School aims to promote a community of postgraduate researchers at UWE Bristol.
- This will be reinforced by a series of events and for a to bring postgraduate researchers together and give them a voice.