Health and social care
Databases for your subject
Search for journal articles and other health data.
- Databases for health and social care (including CINAHL, MEDLINE and Social Care Online)
Library workshops are run throughout the year. Topics include: how to search databases and using RefWorks to manage references.
- Interactive guides to anatomy, pathology and everyday healthcare issues.
- Browse and request anatomical models
- HAS online library workbook - Learn how to find evidence and information.
- Health and social care dissertation workbook - a step by step guide to planning and completing your undergraduate dissertation.
- Study skills: evaluating information - Guides to help you critically appraise healthcare research.
- Academic Success: getting started
- Career toolkit - Access hundreds of tools and resources to help you plan for your future and prepare for employment.
- e-Learning for Healthcare - A range of Modules on a number of healthcare topics. Accessible with an NHS OpenAthens account.
Recommended websites and NICE guidance
The library has indexed useful websites using 'Delicious'. After following the link, see the 'Tags' list to filter by topic.
Health and social care library guides
- Database guides (including Ebsco, Ovid, ProQuest)
- Library e-books guide
- Guide to RefWorks for HSC students
Students on placement
- Using NHS libraries and NHS Athens
- Obtain material from UWE Bristol libraries whilst on placement
- Library Charter for Students on Placement in the South West, Thames Valley, and Wessex