Join the Library
Services available to members of the public
Reference use of print books and journals
Borrow and reserve books
Once you join the Library and are issued a library card you can...
- Access the library during non-staffed hours.
- Borrow up to 5 items, excluding audio-visual materials and laptop loans.
- Make 2 reservations at a time.
Guest access to databases
Members of the public have limited guest access to databases. This service is only available from library PCs and requires a separate registration.
UWE Bristol participates in the Eduroam service, which provides wireless internet access for visitors from participating institutions.
How to join
- Please read the library's code of conduct.
- If you are already registered with a local public library, bring your LibrariesWest or Active Card* to a UWE Bristol library during staffed hours and we will add your card to our system.
- Otherwise, complete the online application to join the library.
* LibrariesWest comprises all the public libraries in Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol, North Somerset, Somerset, and South Gloucestershire.