Benefits of open access.
Open access benefits the author, institution, and wider community as well as meeting funder requirements.
- Benefits of open access - Green and Gold routes to publication
- Cameron Neylon explains open access and its importance in publishing in the 21st Century in the video Publishing in the 21st Century.
- The Open Citation Project provides a bibliography of research on the impact of open access on citations.
- The Times Higher Education has produced features on how open-access papers generate more citations and are more likely to be cited on Twitter.
- The Research Repository blog features updates on open- access policy.
For explanations of the terminology see the open-access glossary.