Responding to your feedback
In feedback you told us you wanted:
- Library space that inspires study and learning
- The main texts and readings I need for my work
- A haven for study, learning and research
- An online catalogue which makes it easy to find materials
- Electronic resources accessible from home/office
- Electronic information resources I need
- Modern equipment that lets me access needed information
- Access to print/electronic journals
- Ability to navigate web pages easily
What we have been doing...
In response we have made lots of changes, including:
- Updated search function on Library Search to improve the ability to locate print and electronic information.
- Continued investment in e-resources.
- Extended opening hours at Bower Ashton Library and Glenside Library.
- Improvements to the referencing web pages.
- Increased the availability of rooms for study when not in use for teaching at Frenchay Library.
- Creating a dedicated research space in Frenchay Library.
- Increased numbers of learning zones, including Glenside and B Block at Frenchay
- Introduced laptop loans at campuses to improve availability of IT for students
- Working with IT Services on improving the wireless network throughout the campus
In addition to above we are also working on the following projects:
- Additional improvements to Bower Ashton Library following the recent refurbishment.
- Redevelopment of Frenchay Library
- Redevelopment of Glenside Library during summer 2016.