UWE Email Frequently Asked Questions
1. What will my email address be?
2. Will I need to change my password?
3. What will my UWE email look like?
Your UWE email is provided by Microsoft via Outlook Web App. When accessing Outlook for the first time, you will be asked to change the contrast settings, the language and time zone, if you wish.
You will also be asked to acknowledge and agree that Microsoft and UWE (both domain administrators) may access your account and its content and may suspend, terminate, or modify your account, by clicking OK. For further information, please consult the Outlook Live and Data Protection Notification.
Then, you will access your Outlook mailbox:
4. What is my mailbox quota?
- In the Navigation Pane, click Mail
- Point to your name at the top of the folder list
A window appears that shows you the current size of your mailbox.
The default message size limit is 25MB
5. How do I access my UWE email?
- Login to myUWE portal with your UWE username and password.
- Click on the UWE Email link on the portal
Alumni: you can access your email directly from Microsoft at http://outlook.com/live.uwe.ac.uk.
6. How do I reset my password?
- Password change via UWE Password Manager is currently unavailable for your email account.
- You can reset your password within Outlook Web App, however please note that changing your password here will not affect your UWE password (they will not be synched).
Changing your password within Outlook Web App:
- Click on Options
- Select See All Options
- Click on Change your password
Students pre September 2013
You now have a personal Microsoft account which is seperate from your email account. This account gives you access to all your existing SkyDrive content. The password on this account is seperate to your email password. To reset the password on this account account go to: https://account.live.com/password/reset
7. How do I find information on how to use Outlook Web App?
- Working with messages (Mail)
- Using the Calendar
- Contacts and Groups
- Search for an item
- Learn about deleted items
- Email Setup (Use a variety of email programs to access you email account - including a Mac)
- Inbox Rules
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Microsoft FAQs
- Security and Privacy
8. How do I access my email from my mobile?
1. Go into settings.
2. Select mail, contact, calendars.
3. Add account.
4. Microsoft Exchange.
5. Enter your email address and password, and give the account a name.
6. Click next.
7. Server is: outlook.office365.com (staff: owa.uwe.ac.uk).
8. Domain - leave blank.
9. Username = your email address e.g. email@example.com (staff = network log on eg j-bloggs).
10. Click next and select the functions you need to sync to your phone.
1. From the Applications menu, select Email. This application may be named Mail on some versions of Android.
2. Type your full email address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org, and your password, and then select Next.
3. Select Exchange account. This option may be named Exchange ActiveSync on some versions of Android.
4. Domain\Username field - enter 'campus\' and then your email address e.g. campus\email@example.com (staff - your network login e.g. campus\j-bloggs). If domain and username are seperate fields, leave the domain field empty.
5. Password Use the password that you use to access your account.
6. Exchange Server use: outlook.office365.com (staff: owa.uwe.ac.uk) for your server name.
7. Select the Account Options you wish to use (N.B. Email Check Frequency defaults to 'push' which requires a data connection - recommended for users on unlimited plans or have a large data allowance).
8. Select Next and then type a name for this account and the name you want displayed when you send e-mail to others.
9. Select Done to complete the email setup and start using your account.
9. How can I use other email programs to access my email account?
10. Will I be able to forward my messages to a different personal account?
We don't recommend that you forward your UWE emails as this can increase the chances of messages not being delivered to you. However if you need to do this, you can use rules to Automatically Forward Messages
Important note: The University accepts no responsibility should mail not be delivered to any external account not provided by us.
11. How can I connect other accounts to my UWE email account?
12. How long can I keep my account for?
We have prepared a document of instructions for common queries with regards to the closure of Alumni Email accounts: Alumni Email account instructions