Eduroam set up for visitors to UWE
Visitors to UWE with an Eduroam account need to follow the instructions below.
If you do not have an Eduroam account see Wireless for visitors.
- Before visiting UWE, set up your device to connect to eduroam at your own institution.
- If you have set proxy settings for your home institution, remove these before trying to connect at UWE.
- When at UWE, connect your device to eduroam
- Set encryption to WPA2-Enterprise.
- Login using:
- Username: your UWE username followed by the @ symbol and your home institutions domain (e.g firstname.lastname@example.org')
- Password: your password
- When you return to your institution, please remember to re-set your network proxy settings to connect back to your institution's eduroam (if necessary).
- Contact your institution's IT support service.
- If the problem persists, please check your network proxy settings.
- Contact the UWE IT Support Centre.