Book a computer
The basic rules
- You can book computers up to one week in advance.
- You can have up to three outstanding bookings at any one time.
- You must attend the booking within 15 minutes of your start time or your booking will be lost and someone else could use the computer.
- You must log on to the computer to register you have attended the booking even if you aren't using it (e.g. in a group study room).
- Your booking finishes when you log off and the computer is immediately free for somebody else to use
- There is a no return policy of 15 minutes, meaning you cannot log on to another bookable pc for 15 minutes after you finish. Note: you can still log on to any ordinary pc in that time.
Where are bookable computers located?
Bookable computers can be identified by a notice on the partitions and monitors stating either 'myPC advance bookings' or 'myPC Quick print'.Frenchay Library
Other Locations on Frenchay Campus
Bower Ashton Library
- 'Quick print' computers. Adjacent to the Enquiry Desk.
Up to 15 minutes per session.
- Computers between the Education Resource Centre (ERC) and the
IT Support Centre.
Up to 3 hours per session.
- Group study booths (alongside the windows) and rooms (with
Up to 2 hours per session.
Other locations on Frenchay campus
FET Hive & Base (FET only) - Q block
- Computers in the FET Hive and Base areas in Q Block. Please note because of the specialist software on these machines they are for FET students only. Up to 3 hours per session
- Group study booths up to 2 hours per session
HLS Learning Zone - H Block
- Computers in the HLS learning Zone (the old PHAZ area) up to 3 hours per session
- Quick access pcs up to 15 minutes per session
- Level 2: 3 computers in room 2D10.
Bower Ashton library
- Alcove PCs
- Assistive technology PC
- A3 scanner PCs
How much time do I have?
- Level 3 computers: 3 hours.
- Level 4 group study tables and rooms: 2 hours.
- 'Quick print' computers: 15 minutes (not bookable in advance).
- 3 hours.
Bower Ashton library
- Alcove PCs: 3 hours
- Assistive technology PC: 3 hours
- Scanner PCs: 2 hours
How many sessions can I book?
How far in advance can I book?
Where do I book a PC?
- Type this URL into your web browser pcbooking.uwe.ac.uk
- At the IT Support Centre on level 3 of the library
- At dedicated booking computers in the library:
- On level 2 by staircase 7.
- On level 3 by the catalogue computers (bay 381).
- On level 4 by the group study rooms (bay 402).
- Book a PC via this link http://pcbooking.uwe.ac.uk
How do I make an booking online?
- Log in at pcbooking.uwe.ac.uk
- If booking for another day, select the desired date
- Looking in the area of interest (e.g. 'Level 4 Group Study' or
'Library Level 3') click a free time on the calendar (shown with a
- Select the start and finish time, make a note of the
Station number and click 'Save'
- Logout using the link in the top right-hand corner.
What if I'm late?
What if I have a problem?
Don't log off, as this will close your session, and during peak times you will not be able to log back onto an advance booking PC for 30 minutes.
Please contact a member of the IT Support Centre staff for assistance. If your PC crashes, power it off and on by holding down the power button and you should be able to carry on working. If there is some equipment failure we will do our best to get you access to a PC but this may not always be possible.
What are the 'Quick print' computers?
These are myPC controlled computers which allow users to quickly print out documents. They have a 15 minute usage, 10 minute no return policy.
At Frenchay, they are located on level 2 by staircase 8 (opposite the Enquiry Desk) and on levels 3, 4 and 5 near the copier/printer rooms.
What about other computers in the library?
Apart from those computers mentioned above, all other machines have no restrictions.
Please note that there are other computers available to use outside of the library.