The Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences (HAS) brings together experts from the Allied Health Professions, Applied Sciences, Health and Social Sciences, and Nursing and Midwifery. We have a vibrant research culture organised primarily through our research centres and institutes.
Research development in HAS
The extent of research development in HAS was underlined by the results of the 2014 Research Excellence Framework when it led UWE Bristol submissions in:
- Allied Health Professions and Nursing (79% of the submissions deemed world-leading or internationally excellent).
- Agricultural, Veterinary and Food Science (63% world-leading or internationally excellent).
- Politics and International Studies (34% world-leading or internationally excellent).
- Social Work and Social Policy (46% world-leading or internationally excellent).
- Philosophy (43% world-leading or internationally excellent).
Many projects are undertaken in collaboration with end-users to focus on meeting the needs of a sustainable economy and society, and we have leadership roles in several major regional, national and international initiatives.
Our collaborators include health trusts, local, national and international communities, local councils, government departments and private companies – ranging from start-ups to multinationals, patients and their carers, museums and schools.
Find out more about collaborative projects in our research centres and institutes.
We have students registered for research degrees (PhD or ProfDoc) in all subject areas and welcome enquires from those interested in postgraduate research study with us.
Our state-of-the-art facilities and experienced academic staff mean that we are perfectly equipped to carry out some of the most unique and exciting research in our subject areas.
Professor Jenny Ames
Associate Dean, Research and Innovation