About the Psychological Sciences Research Group
We pride ourselves on the interdisciplinary nature of our research. Our aim is to conduct research with action and impact in mind.
We cover the full spectrum of traditional and contemporary areas of psychology, including:
- individual differences
- mental health
In addition we have specialists in applied professional areas such as counselling, health, occupational, sport psychology and music therapy.
We deliver applied research around three themes:
- Cognitive Psychology and Neuroscience (CPaN)
- Lifespan and Developmental Psychology (LaDP)
- Psychologically Informed Environments and Interventions (PIEaI).
Funding for our research is vital. Our funders include:
- Alzheimer's Society
- Big Lottery and Second Step
- Innovate UK
- NHS Commissioning
- Somerset Community Foundation.
We collaborate with other centres and groups within UWE Bristol:
- Bristol Robotics Laboratory
- Centre for Appearance Research
- Centre for Health and Clinical Research
- Centre for Research in Biosciences
- Centre for Transport and Society
- Public Health and Wellbeing Research Group
- Social Science Research Group
- Science Communication Unit.