Professor James Byrne (co-applicant)
Professor Byrne is the Director of a new Griffith University initiative, the Global Centre for Evidence-based Corrections and Sentencing.
James Byrne's publications
- Byrne, J., Rebovich, D., Lurigio, A., Miofsky, K., and Stowell, J. (2012). An evaluation of the implementation and impact of the Central District of California’s suicide prevention program for federal sex crime defendants. Federal Probation, 76(1), 3-13.
- Byrne, J., Pattavina, A., and Lurigio, A. (2012). Suicide risk among federal sex crime defendants under pre-trial supervision. Offender Programs Report, 16(1), 1-6 and Criminal Justice Research Review Jul/Aug, 13(6):124- 128.
Dr Andrew Harris (co-applicant)
Andrew Harris' publications
- Harris, A.J., Lobanov-Rostovsky, C., and Levenson, J. S. (2010). Widening the Net The Effects of Transitioning to the Adam Walsh Act’s Federally Mandated Sex Offender Classification System. Criminal justice and behavior, 37(5), 503-519.
- Harris, A.J., Levenson, J. S., and Ackerman, A. R. (2014). Registered sex offenders in the United States: Behind the numbers. Crime and Delinquency,60(1), 3-33.
Professor Hazel Kemshall (co-applicant)
Hazel Kemshall's publications
- H. Kemshall (2008) Understanding the community management of high risk offenders.
- Kemshall, H. , Wood, J. and Westwood, S. (2010) Child Sex Offender Review (CSOR): Public Disclosure Pilots, A Process Evaluation. London: Home Office.
Dr Kieran McCartan (principle investigator)
Dr McCartan is an Associate Professor in Criminology at UWE Bristol.
Kieran McCartan's publications
- McCartan, K., Kemshall, H., Westwood, S., Solle, J., MacKenize, G. and Pollard, A. (2014) Circles of Support and Accountability (CoSA): A case file review of two pilots. Project Report. Ministry of Justice.
- McCartan, K. (2013) From a lack of engagement and mistrust to partnership? Public attitudes to the disclosure of sex offender information. International Journal of Police Science and Management, 13 (3). pp. 219-236.
Dr Heather Moulden (co-applicant)
Dr Heather Moulden is Assistant Professor in Psychiatry at McMaster University in Hamiliton, Ontario.
Heather Moulden's publications
- Moulden, H. M., Chaimowitz, G., Mamak, M. and Hawes, J. (2013). Understanding how sexual offenders compare across psychiatric and correctional settings: Examination of Canadian mentally ill sexual offenders. Journal of Sexual Aggression, 19, 1-10.
- Moulden, H. M., Firestone, P., Kingston, D. A., and Bradford, J. M. (2009). Recidivism in pedophiles: An investigation using different diagnostic methods. Journal of Forensic Psychiatry and Psychology, 20, 680-691.
Dr Dominique de Andrade
Dr Dominique de Andrade is a post doctoral research fellow at the Global Centre for Evidence-based Corrections and Sentencing at Griffith University.
Dominique de Andrade's publications
- De Andrade, D. and Harvey, R. (2013). Classifying Queensland Incarcerated Sexual Offenders
Professor Bas Vogelvang (co-applicant)
Bas Vogelvang's publications
- Vogelvang, B., and Höing, M. (2012). Circles of support and accountability: combining prevention and incapacitation within a communitarian approach for released sex-offenders. In M. Malsch and M. Duker (ed) Incapacitation: Trends and New Perspectives, Chapter 9. Ashgate.
- Höing, M., Bogaerts, S., and Vogelvang, B. (2013) Circles of Support and Accountability: How and Why They Work for Sex Offenders. Journal of Forensic and Psychology Practice, 13, 267 - 295.
Dr Robin Wilson (co-applicant)
Robin Wilson's publications
- Wilson, R. J., and McWhinnie, A. J. (2013). Putting the "community" back in community risk management of persons who have sexually abused. International journal of behavioural consultation and therapy, 8 (3-4), 72 - 79.
- Prescott, D., and Wilson, R. J. (2011). Paradoxical and double-bind communication in treatment for people who sexually offend. Journal of Sexual Aggression, 1-14, iFirst article.