Find out about forthcoming events in the Department of Health and Social Sciences.
- Conflict, Cooperation and Transformation
09/01/2017 - 11/07/2017
This Masters-level blended learning course is for everyone whose role involves managing relationships, in every day environments, in a wide range of sectors and settings.
- Sociology Public Seminar: Sociology after Brexit: Markets, populism and the demise of the public sphere
In this talk Professor John Holmwood (University of Nottingham) will address the implications for sociology and its future challenges in a new age of populism.
- Counselling - Postgraduate and Professional Open Event
Come along to our open event to find out how to develop your skills, knowledge and self-awareness within the field of Counselling.
- Social Marketing: A Practical Approach to Changing Behaviour
13/03/2017 - 14/03/2017
Social marketing is an approach used to develop activities aimed at changing or maintaining people's behaviour for the benefit of individuals and society as a whole.
- Science Communication: Online and media writing (online only course)
24/04/2017 - 02/07/2017
Science Communication: Online and media writing is a short online course designed to equip participants with the skills they need to write about science and communicate clearly with non-scientists. From identifying a story in a piece of research to shaping the material into engaging text, this course will offer a comprehensive insight into science writing.