Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences
The Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences brings together experts from Allied Health Professions, Biological, Biomedical and Analytical Sciences, Health and Social Science, and Nursing and Midwifery. See our department web pages to find out more about our excellent teaching and research.
Diagnostic Imaging, Radiotherapy and Oncology, Occupational Therapy, Paramedic Science, Music Therapy, Physiotherapy and Sports Rehabilitation.
Including Public Health, Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Criminology, Environmental Health, Philosophy, Politics and International Relations.
Information and support for Health and Applied Sciences students.
Including biomedical, biological, conservation, environmental and forensic sciences.
Including adult nursing, children's nursing, learning disabilities nursing, mental health nursing and midwifery.
Research centres and institutes in the Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences.
- New research shows 'hung-over driving' as dangerous as driving under influence
- Study calls for better support for fathers of children with cleft lip or palate
- Treasuring our memories: UWE and Alzheimer's Society's week of Dementia Awareness activities
- Presentation of research findings on the way paramedics should manage a patient's airway during cardiac arrest
- Pioneering public forum on Alzheimer's disease at UWE Bristol chaired by Jonathan Dimbleby
- State of the art 'ward' gives UWE Bristol healthcare students a head start
- UWE takes part in £9 million boost to healthcare and research in the West
- New research in Bristol to investigate the needs of men with rheumatoid arthritis
See all news items.