Department of Geography and Environmental Management/Department of Health and Social Sciences
Geraldine is a self-funded PhD student based in the Centre for Transport and Society (CTS) within the Department of Planning and Architecture at the Faculty of Environment and Technology (FET). Her research will be looking at "Applying Implicit Methods in Identifying Transport Related Behaviour". She will be focusing on speeding behaviour and travel mode choices. She will be carrying out some of her experiments within the Labs at the Department of Psychology within the Faculty of Health and Life Sciences (HLS).
Geraldine gained a Degree in Agricultural Engineering in the Philippines in 1998. She came to the UK in 2004 to pursue her career at Glasgow Caledonian University. She obtained an MSc in Waste Management in 2005 and won the prize for the best MSc Student. She then worked as a researcher and consultant at Caledonian Environment Centre, one of the research centres of the School of the Built and Natural Environment at Glasgow Caledonian University. She joined TRL Ltd in March 2008 and worked on a range of projects involving Life Cycle Analysis, Carbon Footprinting, Environmental Management System, Waste Management and Resource Efficiency. She is an experienced project manager and has successfully delivered research projects on-time and on budget. She has extensive experience in preparing research proposals, responding to tender invitation, and has won several bids. She also designs and develops CMS websites, online tools and guides.
In July 2011, Geraldine set-up her own business and became a self-employed market research consultant. Her current work is heavily involved in assessing consumer’s true behaviour towards a brand using implicit methods, such as, semantic priming, IAT, dot-probe, and so on.
Area of expertise
- Data Analysis (critical reviews, survey methodology, thematic analysis, statistical analysis – SPSS 19)
- Project Management – Research Projects
- Writing research proposals and tenders, progress reports, and consultancy reports
- Using implicit methods in measuring human behaviour – Consumer Behaviour and Brand Perception
- Design and development of CMS websites, online tools and guidance
- Research in adopting sustainable practices in construction companies particularly SMEs (Small and Medium Sized Enterprises)Implementing an Environmental Management System in accordance with the BS EN 14001