UWE Bristol - Malaysia
UK university education at UWE Bristol
The University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) is proud of its international reputation. With a thriving international community of students from over 140 countries worldwide, UWE is the perfect UK university to study at.
What our students say
Name: Shareni Jeyamogan
Course: MSc Biomedical Sciences Award Programme [MSc/PG Dip Haematology]
"I applied to UWE because of their Professional Body ranking for my course. I have been taught to think critically and apply what I have studied in practice. The haematology discipline will allow me to work with people whilst utilising modern laboratory technologies and skills."
The experienced UWE International team will be happy to give you advice on the suitability of your qualifications for your chosen programme of study.
Qualifications listed under each heading may satisfy UWE entry requirements to that level of study. This is not a guarantee of an offer of a place, which is at the University’s discretion.
All students must also have a recognised English language qualification.
For postgraduate entry requirements, please refer to individual course descriptions within the courses database.
- Entry onto Undergraduate programmes
Holders of the following qualifications will be considered for entry onto UWE Bachelor's programmes:
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) in more than 2 subjects with grades of 75% or above
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU)- 60% in six advanced level Grade 12 U, U/C or M subjects (including grade 12 U English)
- Australian Pre-University, University of Queensland (IES)- pass in Foundation year with Credit of 65-74%
- South Australian Matriculation (SAM)- 65%-75% in minimum of 2 subjects
- Sigjil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysian (STPM)- with principal passes (grades A-C) in 3 subjects
Applicants holding Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas may be eligible for advanced entry to our undergraduate courses.
- Entry onto Postgraduate programmes
Applicants with the following qualifications would be considered for entry to UWE’s Masters programmes:
- Bachelors degrees (GPA of 2.7 or above). Applications may be considered with GPAs of less than 2.7 where relevant experience can be demonstrated.
- Advanced Diploma (Grade A-C) from University Technologi Mara
MBA (Masters of Business Administration) applicants should hold the above qualifications and at least 3 years post graduation work experience.
Holders of Master's degrees will be considered for doctoral (PhD) study
What to do if you don't meet our entry requirements
If you do not quite meet our entry
requirements, our International College
offers a range of university preparation courses to teach you all
you need to progress to UWE Bristol.
We also have a range of Pre-sessional English language courses to get your English skills up to the standard required for entry to UWE Bristol.
Representatives in your country
UWE Bristol has welcomed students from overseas for a number of years and strives to provide the necessary advice and guidance to help make your arrival in the UK and Bristol as easy as possible. UWE Bristol has developed an extensive overseas representative network offering enquirers and applicants a variety of services:
- Counselling in programmes of study and academic issues
- Resources and information on courses, accommodation, finance, scholarships and life in Bristol
- Help with applying to the University and assistance throughout the application process
- Information and advice on UWE’s progression links and partners in your country
- Assisting with the visa application process
- Pre-departure briefings for students travelling to the UK
Every year we offer a large number of scholarships and tuition fee discounts to international students. Take a look at the full list of UWE Bristol International scholarships and discounts to find out more.
You may also want to consider other scholarships available from organisations independent of UWE.
UWE is proud of its international partnerships and has focused on developing strong relationships with partner institutions around the world, offering students the opportunity to study a wide range of subject areas both overseas and at UWE.
Among our partners are:
- Taylor's University
- New Era College
- Advance Tertiary College
- KDU University College Malaysia
- INTI International University
- UCSI University
- HELP University College
- Nirwana College
- Malaysia Institute of Art
- The One Academy
- Tunku Abdul Rahman College
- Nilai University College
- University of Malaya
For more information please contact the Regional Development Office.
Careers and Alumni
Careers - International students
The Careers Service at UWE provides a specific programme of careers advice and events for international students during your time at the university; including guidance interviews, workshops, careers fairs and work placement opportunities.
Areas of help include advice on writing CVs, where to find graduate opportunities in the UK and overseas, and how to get work experience.For further information visit the International students section of the Careers website.
After you complete your studies here, you automatically become part of our worldwide Alumni network. This is the best way to stay up to date with UWE news and keep in touch with fellow graduates. Our Alumni profiles give an inspirational insight into the many achievements and exciting career paths of our graduates.
South East Asia - Regional Team
Telephone: +603-56382699, +60356351699
Visits to your country
There are currently no upcoming events