Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
The Centre brings together research active staff from the Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance in the Faculty of Business and Law, and occasionally academics both internal and external to the university to meet the knowledge, training and professional development needs of companies, organisations and individuals in the region and beyond.
The Centre's continuing professional development (CPD) offering is continually developing to respond to the needs of client businesses and other organisations.
However, current CPD topic offerings include the following:
- Finance for Non-Financial Managers
- The UK Banking System
- Understanding Financial Markets
- Equity Analysis
- Bond Analysis
- Portfolio management
- The impact of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) on businesses
- Business accounting for non-specialists
- Basic econometrics
- Advanced econometrics
- Working capital and the firm
- Long-term financing and the firm
- Capital investment appraisal
- Risk management in finance
- An Introduction to the Political Economy
Courses can be offered on the UWE Frenchay campus or at clients’ premises, and can be scheduled to meet demand, ranging from an intensive single day to a one week course, or a series of one day courses over a number of weeks.
This list is not exhaustive and the Centre is always open to developing bespoke programmes to meet client needs in a timely fashion. If you would like to discuss a potential CPD course which meets your organisation’s needs, then contact us.