Economics for sustainability
We are a group of economists committed to developing economic tools aimed at creating an environmentally sustainable economy and society.
Main research and consultancy interests
- Ecological macroeconomics
- Business models for sustainability
- Methodological developments in ecological economics
- Industrial ecology
- Integrating sustainable development into economics education
- A new macroeconomic model incorporating ecology and finance – Yannis Dafermos with New Economics Foundation
- Business models for sustainability – Peter Bradley
- Green jobs and the green economy – Anthony Plumridge
- The socio-ecological costs of business enterprise – Sebastian Berger
We also teach on a range of modules at various levels, including the inter-disciplinary 'Sustainable Organisation: Vision into Practice' module on the MSc Sustainable Development in Practice. We offer Continuing Professional Development courses and are keen to develop tailored material for clients.