Pro Bono opportunities for postgraduate students
Build up your pro bono portfolio; give company advice to charities and volunteer at our Law Court Clinic.
If you're studying our LPC or BPTC you can get involved with the opportunities below. As an LLM student you can participate in both our undergraduate and postgraduate pro bono work.
Law Court Clinic
Our Law Court Clinic is operated by our professional law course students who offer unique law assistance. Situated at the Bristol Civil and Family Justice Centre in Bristol.
Business Advice Clinic
Our clinic operates in partnership with local solicitors to offer advice to start-up Bristol-based businesses. You can act for the businesses advising on:
- company set-ups
- intellectual property
- contractual terms and conditions
- data protection
- employment and property matters.
Community Asset Transfers
Give company and property advice to charities and community bodies. In particular, work with local community bodies taking over assets previously owned and run by a local authority. To date, our students have helped:
- local residents take over the running of their local swimming pool when it was threatened with closure
- local parish council accept gifts of land for community purposes
- residents on a private road to get it repaired.
Please note: This scheme is mainly for LPC students.