Law Court Clinic
Our Law Court Clinic offers unique law assistance and is operated by our professional law course students.
We are located at the Bristol Civil and Family Justice Centre in Bristol. Qualified and experienced lawyers supervise our professional vocational law course students.
What we do
Our primary focus is providing assistance at the main civil court in Bristol.
Our areas of assistance are in:
- domestic violence issues (occupation and non-molestation orders)
- children residence and Contact
- Housing evictions.
We are developing a virtual law clinic to house information and podcasts produced by our students, for people who require legal assistance.
For those with immediate needs, visit the Citizens Advice Bureau and the Avon and Bristol Law Centre. They offer specific services with regular appointments. The Personal Support Unit (PSU) Charity also operates from its office at the Bristol Civil and Family Justice Centre.
What we can't do
- Enter into long-term representation commitments, but we will try to assist at hearings where possible
- Complete legal forms for you as this is regarded as us litigating on your behalf which we are not allowed to do
- Assist where there is a monetary claim against the other party
- We will always try to help but we can only help the first party that approaches us, we cannot assist both parties in a dispute.
We can only be contacted in person at the Bristol Civil and Family Justice Centre in Bristol. We aim to be there on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings.
Please note: Our availability can't be guaranteed over the main university holiday periods when students go away.