Business and Law Technical Support
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I manage the amount of spam that I get in my Inbox?
- If you're using MS Office 2003 select Tools, Rules and
Alerts… or for Office XP select: Tools, Rules
- Click the New… (or New Rule…)
- Choose whether you want to create the new rule based on an
existing template or from a blank rule (preferred).
- Select Next to check messages when they arrive
and apply the rule after they have arrived.
- Decide whether you want to apply the rule to messages with
specific words in the body or in the subject or from a particular
sender (or select other options). More than one option can be
- In the lower section click on the blue links to select the
terms to be checked on arrival. Type each specific word or phrase
and then click the Add button. Click
OK when all the required words/phrases have been
added and then Next.
- Select the action to be taken when the message arrives. Select
the delete it option. (The permanently
delete it option will only work when Outlook is running on
your machine, so delete it is preferable.) Click
- Decide whether there should be any exceptions to the rule.
- Specify a name for your rule and decide whether you would like to run the rule straight away on already existing messages or just turn it on. Click Finish.