Terms and conditions of the balloon ride prize
To be eligible to enter the alumni balloon ride prize draw you must:
- be an alumna/us of UWE Bristol, Bristol Polytechnic, or our former colleges
- have registered to stay connected or have updated your details with our alumni community between the dates of 10 July to 20 December 2017, accepting our data privacy terms and conditions and providing at least one contact method (phone, email, SMS or post).
Terms and conditions
- This prize draw is being run by the University of the West of England, Bristol. The University's address is Frenchay Campus, Coldharbour lane, Bristol, BS16 1QY.
- By entering this prize draw entrants are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- There is no entry fee.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries for the same person will be disqualified.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The University’s decision in respect of all matters to do with this prize will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize is stated as below. The prize is not transferable. We reserve the right to substitute the prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The prize and these terms will be governed by English law.
- The prize consists of a hot air balloon ride in Bristol for up to four people. Under 16s will need to be supervised by a parent/guardian.
- The prize winner will need to comply with all the relevant terms and conditions of the balloon flight provider and the pilot.
- The flight launch site is as agreed with the balloon flight provider.
- The ride must take place between April and October 2018, on a suitable date and time dependant on weather and pilot availability. The prize winner will be required to liaise directly with the balloon flight provider to arrange a flight date and time, which will be subject to change depending on flight conditions.
- The winner will be selected at random on 21 December 2017 and notified by email shortly after.
- Any additional costs incurred (eg travel, childcare) are not included. This includes any costs incurred if a scheduled balloon flight is cancelled at short notice due to poor weather.
- No cash or other alternative prizes are available.