20th anniversary event
Celebration day - 6 October 2012
This explosive event celebrated UWE's 20th birthday as a university. This unique milestone in our history marks the achievements of all the alumni, staff and supporters of Bristol Polytechnic, and the other institutions, that have made an invaluable contribution to helping us get to where we are today. A big thank you to everyone who helped make this event such a huge success.
The day was a fantastic opportunity for us to showcase UWE’s history and achievements, as well as some of our future plans. Highlights included famous graduates, robots, memories in the video diary room, the History of UWE film and archive footage, the Bloodhound car, a Blitz kitchen, Crime Scene Investigation room and the Centre for Performing Arts Big Band.
If you missed the event or would just like to remember the brilliant, jam packed day, then why not have a look at photos from the event or a short film showing the highlights from the day.
What was on?
- David Knopfler (co-founder of Dire Straits band)
- Geoff Twentyman (BBC Radio Bristol presenter)
- John Howard (Former Radio 4 presenter)
- Kate Malone (ceramicist)
- Marko Stanojevic (internationl rugby player)
- Vincent McKevitt (entrepreneur)
- Bruce Munro (lighting designer)
- Jamie Breese (TV presenter)
- Peaches Golding OBE (First Afro-American High Sheriff of Bristol)
- many many more!
Thank you for your help!
A special thank you to everyone who was involved in any of the following, without your help we could not have achieved such a successful, high profile event!:
- Loaning us old photos or memorabilia of UWE/ Bristol Poly
- Being involved with the organisation of any element of the event
- Becoming an alumni ambassador for the event and/ or other UWE activities in the future (you can still get in touch with us about this)
If you enjoyed or missed the event and would like to keep in touch with UWE or get involved and support us, then you can do so in the following ways:
- Keep in touch through the alumni network
- Receive e-mails about forthcoming events
- Support the career development of UWE students (e-mail Hannah Newmarch)
- Trace former class mates through UWE alumni 'Find Your Friends' service
- Provide curriculum support to UWE students (e-mail Hannah Newmarch)
- Offer employment/ placement opportunities to UWE students