UWE Hotshots Holiday Camps
Our popular Hotshots Holiday Camps will keep your children entertained during the school holidays. Our camps are Ofsted registered and suitable for 8-13 year olds. See the Hotshots brochure for full information about the scheme.
A fun way to learn new skills
We aim to provide a fun and enjoyable experience that will encourage youngsters to develop and build on new and existing skills in a safe environment.
The camps are tailored for children aged 8-13 years, and involve sporting activities such as badminton, football, climbing, cricket, netball and short tennis.
Qualified and experienced staff will support children to engage in age appropriate activities with particular attention paid to personal development, interaction with others and most importantly fun and enjoyment.
Qualified staff and certified venue
The Centre for Sport staff and Hotshot Leaders are qualified and CRB checked. We carry out regular risk assessments to ensure that the sports and activities that your child/children take part in are safe.
Our policies and procedures are regularly updated to ensure we meet all necessary requirements, and the welfare of the children in our care always takes priority. Our Hotshots Camps are Ofsted registered (EY423243), and our certificate can be seen in the reception area of the Centre for Sport.
Hotshot Camps in 2013
- Monday 29 July 2013 - Friday 2 August 2013
- Monday 5 August 2013 - Friday 9 August 2013
- Monday 12 August 2013 - Friday 16 August 2013
- Monday 19 August 2013 - Friday 23 August 2013
- Tuesday 27 August 2013 - Friday 30 August 2013
Cost and how to pay
- £24 per child per day or
- £20 if you book 5 days or more
Payment can be made through the UWE Centre for Sport online store.
Using childcare vouchers to pay
The Centre now accepts childcare vouchers to the exact value of the Hotshots booking.
We are registered with:
- Busy Bees
- South Gloucester Council
- Co-operative Flexible Benefits
If we are not registered on your voucher scheme, please e-mail the Centre for Sport, and we will register you as soon as possible.
To book your child/children onto a UWE Hotshots Holiday Camp, you will need to do the following (each process might be different depending on the voucher scheme that you have).
- Log in to your vouchers account and select the UWE Centre for Sport, which should be listed. If you require a Carer ID, please e-mail the Centre for Sport.
- In the message field, please state your child/children’s name and the days that you are booking.
- If there is a reference field, please enter ‘UWE Centre for Sport Hotshot camps’.
- Once you have made a payment on your account, go to the UWE Online Store to book your child/children in on the days you require. Please ensure you select the product which refers to vouchers.
- Once your child is booked on the Hotshots Holiday Camp, we will match up your voucher payment to your booking made through the UWE Online Store.
- You will receive a booking reference number from your voucher scheme. This number will be required when booking your child/children via the online store.