Join the Staff Social committee
To grow and constantly evolve to meet the needs of our diverse staffing base, we need a selection of staff from different backgrounds, job roles and age ranges to sit on the committee and help to shape what we do.
Why join the committee?
- Opportunity to contribute to an important function here at UWE Bristol
- Chance to develop leadership and management skills for your CV
- Explore and develop a different skillset which may benefit you if you decide to apply for roles elsewhere
- Develop enterprise skills by starting something new and growing it
- Get up to 15 hours of working time to attend to committee business and arrange Staff Social activities
What could I do?
We need support with things like:
- Becoming more strategic, to plan and prioritise our activities better
- Finding out what kinds of activities and events we should be offering staff
- Working with external companies to provide more benefits to Staff Social members
- Discovering new ways to generate income so we can offer even more discounts to existing members
Committee members will also need to attend committee meetings, which are usually held once a month during office hours.
How do I join the committee?
The Staff Social always welcome and need new members.
You can nominate yourself or a colleague to sit on the committee. You'll just need to fill out a nomination form
Please email completed nomination forms to email@example.com