We are thrilled that almost £1 million has been donated to the campaign from alumni, grant making trusts and companies.
The incredible new £55 million Bristol Business School has been purpose built to provide our students with the best possible environment in which to learn. The additional money that we have raised from the campaign will be invaluable to our students as they move into their new home.
Donations have enabled us to:
- build six TEAL (Technology Enabled Active Learning) classrooms, transforming the way we teach and helping our students to collaborate to get the most out of their learning
- equip the 300 seat lecture theatre with the best IT and AV equipment
- kit out the Law Resources Room with the best material enabling students to excel in their studies
- provide unrivalled opportunities for students to work directly alongside industry professionals and give them the skillset so badly needed by business
- break down barriers to education and raise aspirations for students from under-represented groups.
“I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you so much for your amazing support, this will help me a great deal to make my dream come true starting the Bar Professional Training Course in September and the journey towards becoming a criminal barrister”.
The fundraising campaign has been an exciting journey for UWE Bristol and has enabled us to contact alumni, friends and local companies as well as grant making trusts. We have had a fantastic response and have made some excellent links with local and national funders.
We are continuing with our fundraising endeavours and will be raising money to support our students, particularly reaching out to young people who would otherwise miss out on higher education. We believe that all young people should be given the opportunity to go to university, regardless of their background and financial circumstances.
Donations will enable us to raise aspirations and improve career outcomes through providing bursaries and mentoring opportunities.
“If someone has the ability to go to university… they should have that opportunity regardless of their financial situation”.
You can find more information if you would like to see how we support students or to make a donation.
If you are interested in using our new facilities at the Bristol Business School please email Hospitality Services at email@example.com.