UWE Bristol Learning and Teaching Conference
The UWE Bristol Learning and Teaching Conference was first held in 2011 and is now an annual event. The conference provides a platform for those involved in teaching and supporting learning to communicate and share ideas about research and good practice in learning and teaching.
Learning and Teaching Conference 2017 - Inclusive not Exclusive! Designing and Delivering Curricula for All
20 June 2017, Frenchay Campus
We are pleased to announce the sixth annual UWE Bristol Annual Learning and Teaching Conference.
The Learning and Teaching Conference is a platform for sharing ideas, research and experiences with colleagues from across the University and partner institutions who are involved in teaching and supporting learning. It offers a great opportunity to forge new collaborations, to broaden core expertise, and to reflect on and enhance current practices in teaching and learning.
The conference will reflect the following strands under the broad theme of Inclusive Curricula:
- Enterprising: ideas and activities that align with the Enterprise 2020 framework of attributes
- Future-facing: ideas and activities related to innovative pedagogies and/or linked to future developments in the external environment
- Globally responsible: ideas and activities connected to sustainability, diversity, corporate social responsibility, internationalisation, globalisation, inter-cultural working etc
- Ready and able: ideas and activities that reflect practice-oriented curricula and/or the development of employability or citizenship skills
- Self-reliant and connected: ideas and activities associated with developing skills of autonomous learning, group working, networking, inter-disciplinary learning etc.
Check the conference programme for full details and choices of activities: UWE Bristol Conference 2017 ‘Inclusive not Exclusive’.
This is a free event but you do need to register using the online form.
Workshops and speakers
Each of the two parallel sessions has a choice of six workshops and symposium, so there is something to interest everyone.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Marvin Rees, Mayor of Bristol
- Professor Pauline Kneale, Pro Vice-Chancellor, Plymouth University
- Professor Steve West, Vice-Chancellor, UWE Bristol
- Professor Jane Harrington, Pro Vice-Chancellor and Provost, UWE Bristol
- Professor Elizabeth Cleaver, Director of Learning and Teaching, UWE Bristol
- Dr Helen King, HEFCE
- Professor Paul Olomolaiye, Pro Vice-Chancellor, UWE Bristol
Learning and Teaching Conference resources
You can still access resources from Learning and Teaching Conference 2016, Teaching Excellence, which was held on Tuesday 21 June 2016.