Employability in numbers
UWE Bristol employability in numbers (text)
- UWE Bristol consistently outperforms the HE sector for % of graduates in professional/managerial jobs after 6 months. This year it is 77.5% compared to 71%. Source: HESA Destinations of Leavers for Higher Education, published 2016.
- 95.6% of UWE Bristol graduates are in work or further study six months after graduating. Figures extracted from the HESA Destinations of Leavers for Higher Education, published 2016.
- 99.1% of UWE Bristol graduates are in employment or further study 3 ½ years after graduation, compared to the national average of 97%. Source: Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education Longitudinal Survey, published 2015.
- More than 8,952 placements were undertaken in 2015/16.
- 6,332 organisations and employers have advertised one or more opportunities with UWE Bristol for placements, jobs and internships in the last year.
- 170 funded internships were undertaken by UWE Bristol students in 2015/16.
- Last year 127 graduates had either started their own business or were self-employed within six months of graduating.
- UWE Bristol runs the largest graduate fair in the South West.
- 451 employers visited UWE Bristol to take part in recruitment events in 2015/16.