Employability in numbers
UWE Bristol employability in numbers (text)
- UWE Bristol consistently outperforms the HE sector for % of graduates in professional/managerial jobs after 6 months. This year it is 78.1% compared to 71%. Source: HESA Destinations of Leavers for Higher Education, published 2017.
- 95.1% of UWE Bristol graduates are in work or further study six months after graduating. Figures extracted from the HESA Destinations of Leavers for Higher Education, published 2017.
- 98.1% of UWE Bristol graduates are in employment or further study 3 ½ years after graduation, compared to the national average of 97.6%. Source: Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education Longitudinal Survey, published 2017.
- More than 9,200 placements were undertaken in 2016/17.
- 6,055 opportunities advertised with us for placements, jobs and internships by 2,079 organisations and employers in the last year.
- 187 internships and global bursaries were funded by UWE Bristol and our Santander Universities partner for our students in 2016/17.
- Last year 131 graduates had either started their own business or were self-employed within six months of graduating.
- 636 employers visited UWE Bristol to take part in recruitment events in 2016/17.
- UWE Bristol runs the largest graduate fair in the South West.