The building of Bristol Business School
The vision behind the design for Bristol Business School and Bristol Law School was around transparency, visibility, and collaboration.
We wanted to create a ‘live’ building where students, staff, and visitors would come to meet, study and stay. So it was important that the design of the building reflected that vision.
Awards and accolades
We’re proud to have been shortlisted and the winner of some high-profile awards by our contribution to teaching and learning and through the excellent work done by our contractors.
- Shortlisted –Times Higher Education - Business School of the Year 2017
- Gold Winner – Considerate Constructors Scheme 2017
- ISG winner - Constructing Excellence South West Build Environment Awards 2016
- Nominated - Young Achiever of the Year, Constructing Excellence South West, Jack Cooper (UWE Bristol alum).
"UWE Bristol has a great reputation, Bristol Business School has a great reputation so does Bristol Law school, and it’s only right that we have a great building to reflect that."
Reducing environmental impact
From high energy, efficient lighting to our green roofed bicycle store to encourage sustainable travel choices. Here are just a few of the ways Bristol Business School worked with our suppliers to minimise environmental impacts:
- the packaging used by Godfrey Syrett to protect their furniture during transport is returned to site and re-used a minimum of five times before being recycled
- all furniture found in the Bristol Business School has been sourced from UK suppliers
- the steel used for the Reed hat and coat stands throughout the building is 100% recyclable at the end of its life cycle
- the MFC used in the desks and storage in Bristol Business School is composed of up to 30% recycled content
- a number of chairs throughout the building is clad in Synergy fabric by Camira. For every metre of Synergy sold; a donation is made to Just a Drop water charity. In the first year of this programme, £3,300 was donated through sales of this fabric range
- all furniture suppliers to Bristol Business School hold ISO 14001 certification; the standard for environmental management systems.
You can follow the construction timeline to find out more about the project.