UWE Bristol Learning and Teaching Conference
The UWE Bristol Learning and Teaching Conference was first held in 2011 and is now an annual event. The conference provides a platform for those involved in teaching and supporting learning to communicate and share ideas about research and good practice in learning and teaching.
Learning and Teaching Conference 2017 - Inclusive not Exclusive! Designing and Delivering Curricula for All
Discover what happened at our annual Learning and Teaching Conference, which was held on Tuesday 20 June 2017.
Our annual Learning and Teaching Conference enables our staff and partners to hear experts on a key theme, collaborate, network and share excellent practice. This year’s theme was Inclusivity.
Our Learning and Teaching Fellows and Associate Fellows regularly contribute to the conference and showcase their own research and pedagogic practice.
This year we were delighted to welcome Marvin Rees, Mayor of Bristol, who co-presented with Professor Steve West and set the tone for the conference with their speech on inclusivity.
We were also pleased to hear from Professor Pauline Kneale of Plymouth University, who inspired everyone with her keynote speech on Striving for Inclusivity in Curriculum and Practice.
These quotes demonstrate how the conference inspired and encouraged our staff and partners in their own teaching practice:
- "Great opportunity to learn more about what’s going on in other faculties"
- "Sessions attended were lively, relevant and well informed with a good chance for discussion"
- "It was inspiring to see people passionate about their work and the success of students"
- "It is encouraging that UWE Bristol is open to getting inclusivity right"
- "The enthusiasm and commitment of speakers was encouraging"
- "There was lots of useful information about potential Teaching and Learning activities and apps that I can utilize"
- "Open conversations about mistakes were inspiring"
UWE Bristol colleagues provided a range of symposiums and interactive workshops, posters were presented and on display throughout the conference on key UWE Bristol themes.
Videos and resources from the conference
Watch recordings, view presentations, and download posters from this year's conference.
Conference videos include:
- keynote speeches from UWE Bristol's Professor Steve West, Marvin Rees, and Plymouth University's Professor Pauline Kneale
- a panel discussion including Professor Pauline Kneale, Professor Jane Harrington, Professor Paul Olomolaiye, Professor Elizabeth Cleaver and Dr Helen King from HEFCE
- many of the workshops and symposia.
Learning and Teaching Conference resources archive
You can still access resources from the Learning and Teaching Conference 2016, Teaching Excellence, which was held on Tuesday 21 June 2016.