Bus and coach
Travel by bus
All of UWE Bristol's campuses are well connected by buses to the city centre and the wider region with Frenchay Campus acting as one of the largest bus interchanges in the South West of England.
See Travelwest for a complete list of all the routes that serve UWE Bristol campuses and links to buy tickets and passes.
Download the Travelwest bus checker app for live and scheduled bus times for every bus in the Bristol area. Free for iPhone, Android and Windows 8 mobile devices.
Bus service changes Spring 2017
From 30 April 2017:
- service 16 will no longer operate
- due to the impact of roadworks, services 18/18A have had changes made to their frequency and route
- services 48A, 70/71 will now operate at a reduced frequency over the summer months
- there are changes to the route and timetable of service 72, which coincides with the opening of the Romney Avenue Bus Link
- service UWE will now run at a reduced frequency with last departures around midnight for the remainder of the academic year.
All Wessex Services will remain unchanged until further notice.
For further information on changes to First Services via UWE Bristol please visit West of England Service Changes from Sunday 30 April.
Stoke Lane Metrobus works
From Wednesday 1 February 2017 the Stoke Lane one-way system will come to an end and two-way traffic will be restored. The Metrobus works will continue until the summer of 2017 with occasional short duration, short-length temporary traffic lights for specific pieces of work. Find out more about Stoke Lane one-way system.
First service 16
Operates via Stoke Lane in both directions, however, peak time journeys will continue to terminate at UWE and not Bristol Parkway. No changes to timetable or running times.
First services 18/18A
Operates via Stoke Lane in both directions. No changes to timetable or running times. This restores the link from Frenchay to North Fringe destinations.
First service 48a
Operates via Stoke Lane in both directions. Departure times from UWE will initially be unchanged, which will potentially provide excessive time between UWE and Fishponds. This will be reviewed in due course. It may be necessary to advise drivers to take things a little slower or even depart UWE a couple of minutes late.
City Campus bus travel
Information on travel between the City Campus sites:
- Bower Ashton is served by the 11, X2 and X3
- 11, X2 and X3 connects Bower Ashton to the Arnolfini and Watershed with a stop on Anchor Road (near At-Bristol)
See How to find City Campus for more travel information.
We now have agreement for any UWE Bristol staff to take advantage of the student discount rate on Wessex Star buses, using a UWE Bristol staff card.
Long distance coach
Megabus provides a very cost-effective service direct to Frenchay Campus from many UK cities and some overseas destinations including London, Cardiff, Birmingham, Exeter, Manchester and Leeds.
Coaches depart from the North Entrance on Frenchay Campus.