Student and Partnership Services data privacy statement (General)
This statement applies to services given to students and other clients, by us, the University of the West of England, Student and Partnership Services.
We will process the personal information that you have given to us, in line with UWE Bristol’s Data Protection Policy. We will hold your data securely in accordance with the terms and conditions of the 1998 Data Protection Act and not make it available to any third party unless permitted or required to do so by law. The University’s Data Protection Officer is James Button.
Use and sharing
We will only use your personal information for the purposes of:
- giving you information, advice, guidance and support
- responding to any complaints you make about our services
- monitoring, evaluating, auditing and developing our services – in these cases data will be anonymised.
Your personal information may include that given to us by third parties, eg assessment centres, your doctor, faith communities.
We will only share relevant items of your information with appropriately trained UWE Bristol staff and organisations outside UWE Bristol, where it is necessary to fulfil these purposes and in line with professional ethical guidelines. Otherwise, we will only share personal information about you if we have your permission or if:
- it is required by law
- we have reasonable belief that you have breached the University’s regulations or policies
- there is a serious risk of harm to yourself or to others.
We will keep your data for up to six years after the end of the academic year in which you last used our services, after which it will be confidentially destroyed.
- You may gain access to personal information we hold about you by completing the Data Protection Subject Access Request Form.
- You can ask us to correct any errors in the information we have about you.
- You may opt out of any further contact with us.
Personal sensitive data
For some of our services we specifically require your consent to record and use your personal sensitive data, without this consent we may not be able to provide services, you will be asked to sign a consent form at your first appointment with services who may hold personal sensitive data.
How to contact us
Student and Partnership Services, University of the West of England, Frenchay Campus, Coldharbour Lane, Bristol BS16 1QY.
Tel: +44 (0)117 32 85678
Minicom: +44 (0)117 32 83644
Version 1.1: Date published 01/02/2012