Student and Partnership Services data privacy statement (Faith and Spirituality)
This statement applies to services given to students and other clients, by us, the University of the West of England, Student and Partnership Services for the purpose of giving you information, advice and guidance for your faith, spiritual and pastoral needs.
We will process the personal and personal sensitive information that you have given to us, in line with UWE Bristol’s Data Protection Policy. We will hold your data securely in accordance with the terms and conditions of the 1998 Data Protection Act and not make it available to any third party unless permitted or required to do so by law. The University’s Data Controller is the Assistant Vice-Chancellor, Finance and Commercial Developments.
Use and sharing
We shall seek your consent and only use your personal and personal sensitive data for the purposes of:
- Giving you information, advice and guidance for your faith, spiritual and pastoral needs
- Responding to any complaints you make about our services.
- Monitoring, evaluating, auditing and developing our services - in these cases data will be anonymised.
Your personal and personal sensitive information may include that given to us by third parties. e.g. assessment centres, your doctor, faith communities.
We will only share relevant items of your information with appropriately trained UWE staff and organisations outside UWE, where it is necessary to fulfil these purposes and in line with professional ethical guidelines.
Otherwise we will only share personal and personal sensitive information about you if we have your permission or if:
- It is required by law
- We have reasonable belief that you have breached the University’s regulations or policies
- There is a serious risk of harm to yourself or to others
We will keep your data for up to six years after the end of the academic year in which you last used our services, after which it will be confidentially destroyed.
- You may gain access to personal and personal sensitive information we hold about you by completing the Data Protection Subject Access Request Form.
- You can ask us to correct any errors in the information we have about you.
- You may opt out of any further contact with us.
How to contact us
Student and Partnership Services, University of the West of England, Frenchay Campus, Coldharbour Lane, Bristol BS16 1QY.
Tel: +44 (0)117 32
Minicom: +44 (0)117 32 83644
Version 1.1: Date published 22/02/2012