External examiner resources
External examiners are individuals drawn from academia and also industry, business and the professions, appointed to provide institutions with impartial and independent advice alongside informative comment on the institution’s standards and on student achievement in relation to those standards.
If you are a member of staff at UWE Bristol and are interested in becoming an external examiner please see our FAQs for more information about the role.
Resources for external examiners are available through the links given below:
- The External Examiner's Operational Guide
- University faculty structure
- Faculty structures
- Student and Academic Services structure
- UWE Bristol Governance structure
- Flowchart of monitoring and external reporting feedback loop
- Online assessment guidance (Blackboard)
- Exam paper moderation guidance (access dependent on permissions)
- Collaborative Provision Operations SharePoint site Guidance
- Collaborative Provision Operations SharePoint site - Folders and Headings Guidance
- External Examiner Fee and Expenses Procedure
- Fee Payment Schedule
- External examiner casual worker registration form
- HEA Handbook for External Examining
External examiner Induction Day information
This video explains how to access the external examiners zip file via Blackboard and also explain what's in the files.
Other external examiner induction day resources:
- Agenda for the last external examiners' induction day (10 January 2018)
- Welcome presentation from Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Provost
- External examiner annual reporting
- New external examiner workshop presentation
- Field/Award Board presentation
- Collaborative Provision Partnerships Team Presentation
- Examples of good and poor responses within external examiner reports
For queries regarding assessment information, please refer to the student records and assessment information.
Any queries concerning the external examiner role and responsibilities, please email email@example.com.