External examiner resources
External examiners are individuals drawn from academia and also industry, business and the professions, appointed to provide institutions with impartial and independent advice alongside informative comment on the institution’s standards and on student achievement in relation to those standards.
If you are a member of staff at UWE Bristol and are interested in becoming an external examiner please see our FAQs for more information about the role.
Resources for external examiners are available through the links given below:
- The External Examiner's Operational Guide
- University faculty structure
- Faculty structures
- Academic Services structure
- UWE Bristol Governance structure
- Flowchart of monitoring and external reporting feedback loop
- Online assessment guidance
- Exam paper moderation guidance (access dependent on permissions)
- External Examiner Fee and Expenses Procedure
- Fee Payment Schedule
- External examiner casual worker registration form
- HEA Handbook for External Examining
External examiner Induction Day information
- Agenda for the last external examiners' induction day (11 January 2017)
- Welcome presentation from Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Provost
- External examiner annual reporting
- New external examiner workshop presentation
- Field/Award Board presentation
- Collaborative Provision Presentation
- Collaborative Provision Workshop (January 2015)
- Online assessment external examiner demo
- Collaborative Provision Operations SharePoint site (January 2014)
- Collaborative Provision Operations SharePoint site Guidance
- Collaborative Provision Operations SharePoint site - Folders and Headings Guidance
- Case studies used in the faculty led workshops at the External Examining conference
- Examples of good and poor responses within external examiner reports
For queries regarding assessment information, please refer to the student records and assessment information.
Any queries concerning the external examiner role and responsibilities, please email email@example.com.