Renewable energy strategy
Information on renewable energy strategy, our targets and our progress at UWE Bristol.
- See our carbon and energy strategy.
UWE Bristol is committed to:
- 10% and 5% of the University’s electricity and gas consumption respectively to be generated from on, or near, site low or zero carbon technologies by 2020.
- View the
summary of solar PV installations at UWE Bristol.
- T-block PV
array: A large photovoltaic (PV) array on T-Block which would give
UWE Bristol our full capacity in terms of PV for Frenchay Campus. If
this doesn't go ahead, we would then look to install on other
blocks such as ECC or S-Block or other flat roofs across
- Bower Ashton Studios: As part of the building developments at the Bower Ashton Studios, UWE Bristol has committed to go above and beyond planning requirements. The new buildings will feature air source heat pumps and solar electric.
- UWE Bristol purchases 100% electricity from
Our commitment to solar electricity
- UWE Bristol plans to quadruple our solar-generating capacity over the next two to three years, including a substantial array at our Frenchay Campus.
- This array is set to be the largest single roof-mounted array in the UK university sector.
- UWE Bristol recognises the importance of on-site generation, to support the national decarbonisation agenda, increase energy security and enhance local renewable energy capacity.
- UWE Bristol is proud to be supporting Solar Photovoltaic (PV) technology and through these actions inspire the next generation of solar technologies and graduates to work in the PV sector.