Get involved in sustainability
UWE Bristol has over 25,000 students and 3,000 staff and together we are working to make sustainability a reality at UWE Bristol.
For students – the Green team and more
There are all sorts of things going on and there is bound to be something to interest you. For students there are a range of specific ways you can get involved:
- Get active with The Student Union Green team.
- Make your ideas a reality. Apply for up to £500 funding from Change for Change – email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Want more sustainability in the curriculum? Talk to your tutors direct.
- Raise issues you care about with your elected Students' Union officers.
- Join in with UWE Big Green Week in October and 'Go Green' week in February.
- Join in with ‘Switch off ‘ and ‘Recycle reuse’ campaigns
- Take part in green projects with UWE Volunteering.
- Grow your own vegetables on campus at the Community Garden.
For Staff and Students - UWE sustainability network
Across the university there is a network of people who are interested in improving the way we do things. Anyone can get involved either as an individual or as a representative of a group/area.
The network is supported by the sustainability team, and meet regularly to exchange experiences, good practices and news. Contact the Sustainability team to find out what is going on, sign up to the monthly email, invite a member of the team to come and talk to your staff or student group or/and come to an event.
You can also engage with the Sustainability Team via our social media channels. We'd love to hear from you on:
Watch our sustainability film and find out how you can get involved in the sustainability agenda at UWE Bristol.
Making sustainability a reality
Here are some of the ways that students and staff are making a difference:
- Working with Hospitality Services and The Student Union to increase vegan and vegetarian menu options.
- Running swap shops on all campuses.
- Developing a phone app to map eco walks for Frenchay Campus and Glenside campuses.
- Using android gaming to reduce water and energy usage.
- Acting as ambassadors for Fairtrade.
- Carrying out green office audits and using our online induction.
- Promoting the #Saynotoplastics campaign on campus to reduce single use plastics.
- Volunteering during Big Green Week in October and Go Green Week in February.
We always need help. If you want to gain experience in communications and marketing, running campaigns and events, contact email@example.com.