Submitting a Stage Two complaint
The second stage of the Complaint Procedure involves raising a formal complaint with a Complaints Manager. Stage Two should normally only take place once an individual has attempted to resolve matters informally under Stage One of the complaint process and once a written response has been received at Stage One.
Who should I contact?
At Stage Two, cases are investigated and considered by a University Complaints Manager within the Complaints and Appeals Team. A student submitting a complaint may wish to obtain advice and guidance from the Students’ Union Advice Centre prior to completing the Stage Two complaints form.
The complaint must normally be made in writing, using the form provided for this purpose through the UWE Bristol website or from the University, and addressed to the Complaints and Appeals Team.
To submit a Stage two complaint with someone acting on your behalf you must:
- Complete a Third Party Consent form, ensuring required information is included. The original copy of this form will need to be posted to the Complaints and Appeals Team at the address below.
- The nominee must complete the Stage two Complaint form.
The Stage Two Complaint form can be sent via email to: email@example.com or posted to the address below:
Complaints and Appeals
University of the West of England (UWE Bristol)
Where this is not possible, the complainant needs to contact the Complaints and Appeals Team to discuss alternative methods. Complaints submitted by letter or email (i.e. not on the Stage Two form) will be accepted provided they include:
Complainant’s name, address, student number, telephone number, email address and programme (as appropriate)
- The nature of the complaint (in the complainant’s own words)
- The Stage One steps already taken
- Details of the response received
- A statement why the complainant remains dissatisfied
- The outcome being sought